Friday, 11 March 2011
Purple baby hat
Yarn: baby wool or any other yarn you might want to use
Needles: use needles that matches the yarn
Hook: same size as the needles
1. CO 96 st.
2. Knit 2 cm of k2, p2
3. Put a marker at the start of the round, k48, put in another marker
4. k2, purl 2 together, *k2, p2* until 2 st before the marker, purl 2 together, (marker), k2, purl 2 together, *k2, p2* until 2 st before marker, purl 2 together (marker)
5. *k2, p2* the entire round
6. Decrease like before, but make sure your decreases matches the pattern (I purl together or knit together, whatever looks best)
7. Knit one round of *k2, p2* between every round of decreases, until you have 8 st left
8. Either knit 1 cm with the 8 st, or pull a thread through the 8 stitches right away
Use a hook to make laces on each side of the hat (or knit an icord if you'd like)..
This is all written down in a hurry, so please keep in mind if there's anything strange going on in the pattern ;)
If you'd like a bigger hat: CO more stitches (needs to be divided on 4) or use thicker yarn!