Sunday, 2 December 2007

Bea's flower square


Ch 5; join with a sl to the first ch to form a ring
Round 1: ch 2 to make the first treble, work 11 more tr in the ring; join with a sl to the top of the beginning. (12 tr).
Round 2: ch 3, 1 dc in the next tr, *3 ch, 1 dc in the next tr*; join with a sl in the first dc(12 small loops)
Round 3: 1 sl around the first loop, make a group of 3 trebles(to make a pointy group, don't finish each treble before you have made all three of them(does this even make a sense?)), make 3 ch between each group; join like 1. round..

Change colour
Round 4: ch 2 and 3 tr around any loop, keep making 4 tr around every loop (12 loops); join like 1. round

Change colour
Round 5: Look at the picture! Make 1 dc, ch 4, 1 dc.. make 2 more loops. After 3 loops you do the corner; by ch 4, 1 dc in the same tr as the last dc. 3 more loops, a second corner.. join with a sl in the first dc
Round 6: ch 2, 3 tr in the first loop, 4 tr in each loop all the way around.. In each corner: 3 dtr, ch3, 3 dtr; join like the 1. round.

Make sure you look at the picture as you go along. I've never written an english(american?) crochet pattern before..! It's a mess.. I know, still hope you can figure it out.. ;) Let me know if there's any changes that should be done to the pattern.. Good Luck!

8 comments:

Schmooze84@gmail.com said...

I can't figure out how to do round 3. I'm fairly certain I figured out the first 2 though..so i guess that's something.

Schmooze84@gmail.com said...

Wait..I totally figured it out. It looks great! Thanks for the pattern!

annmerete said...

Ville blitt glad om du hadde oversatt den til norsk, skjønte ikke så mye av den der :)

Var veldig fin!

Bea said...

annmerete: norsk oppskrift ligg på hovudbloggen min :)

http://strikkepinnerogandrepinner.blogspot.com/2007/08/oppskrift-p-oldemorsrute-la-bea.html

Karen said...

Thank you for a lovely pattern, I really enjoyed the process and the instructions are great.
K

marlene rodrigues said...

Hi Bea!
thank you so much for sharing your beautiful "Bea´s flower square" pattern.
I made one for my craft room and love it!
I put a link for your pattern in my post. I hope this is not a problem.
thanks,
marlene

Waseem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anni Sweany said...

I believe that her tr is Hdc and Her dtr is just tr in American patterns. I used dc for the 1st round so ch 3 and this pattern looks great. Round three dc 3 together to get the pointy grouping..